Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. If you stumbled in using the "Next Blog" button, welcome. Take a minute, pull up a chair and rest a while. If you came here on purpose, welcome back. All of my photos are taken using my iPhone 4 unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

#55) Skateworld

My kids like to rollerblade. They love it. For several days, they have asked me to take them to "Skateworld" --- It's an ugly-quonset-hut-building, located in the Asian part of town. It has no parking lot and for the last decade, the city has been threatening to tear it down. It smells like sweat and stale cigarettes from the '70's and has the worst sound system imaginable. Miley Cyrus belting out Disney-kids-tunes, followed by Justin Bieber, screaming "Baby-baby-bay---Ooooo"... but in an echo chamber, at the bottom of a well, tin-can-quonset-hut-gone to hell-horror-show... It made me wanna cry.

I survived. Yes I did.

Here are a couple of pictures of the hit-and-run-roller-rink-from hell.



No comments:

Post a Comment