Welcome

Welcome to my little corner of the blogosphere. If you stumbled in using the "Next Blog" button, welcome. Take a minute, pull up a chair and rest a while. If you came here on purpose, welcome back. All of my photos are taken using my iPhone 4 unless otherwise noted.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

#115) Vintage WWII Fighter Plane

I believe this is a WWII, Grumman Hellcat, fighter plane. It's home is right in front of my favorite Mexican joint, Casa Muchado, right on Montgomery field municipal airport.

2 comments:

  1. That is a T-6 Texan which was a trainer aircraft. Although, these have been painted to look like Japanese aircraft because they are non-descript enough. This one is painted up to look like a World War II Navy Aircraft.

    The Hellcat is the second plane in this series:
    http://michiganexposures.blogspot.com/2009/12/more-models-naval-aviation.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the info. I gave up trying to find out what it was and went with my best guess... which was a fail! You are the bestxoxo

    ReplyDelete